BTEC and Blackburn Rovers
Blackburn Rovers Development Programme with BTEC Level 3 Qualification
Moorland School are excited to announce our special relationship with Blackburn Rovers F.C.
September enrolment for 16-18 year olds which give students the opportunity to play for the ‘Official BRFC Shadow Squad’, whilst studying for a BTEC level 3 Extended Diploma in Sports.
Our partnership with Moorland has enabled us to develop a first class education programme linked with a first class football programme for pre-18 players.
- Stuart Jones - Operations Manager
Entry requirements for the BTEC Level 3 course: 5 A*-C at GCSE including English & Mathematics.
This BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in Sports provides an introduction to the sector for learners looking to build a career in sport, within one of its occupational areas. These areas include careers in Exercise and Fitness, Coaching and Leadership, Sports Development and the Outdoors. At the BTEC Diploma and Extended Diploma level, there are three specialist pathways to choose from:
- Performance and Excellence
- Development, Coaching and Fitness
- Outdoor Adventure
The specification has been structured to allow learners maximum flexibility in selecting optional units, so that particular interests and career aspirations within the sport and active leisure sector can be directed in the choice of unit combinations.
- Principles of Anatomy and Physiology in Sport
- The Physiology of Fitness
- Assessing Risk in Sport
- Fitness Training and Programming
- Fitness Training for Sport and Exercise
- Sports Nutrition
- Psychology for Sports Performance
- Technical and Tactical Skills in Sport
- The Athlete’s Lifestyle
- Sports Coaching
- Practical Team Sports
- Current Issues in Sport
- Exercise, Health and Lifestyle
- Instructing Physical Activity and Exercise
- Sports Injuries
- Analysis of Sports Performance
- Talent Identification and Development in Sport
- Sport and Exercise Massage
- Rules, Regulations and Officiating in Sport
- Organising Sports Events
- Physical Education and the Care of Children and Young People
- Sport as a Business
- Work Experience in Sport
- Sports Facilities and Operational Management
- Profiling Sports Performance
- Research Investigation in Sport and Exercise Sciences
- Laboratory and Experimental Methods in Sport and Exercise Sciences
The partnership is very much about each side supporting the others needs in the development of young people reaching their full potential and beyond.
- Neil Chadwick - Head of Education at Blackburn Rovers